Faster, Sleeker, Smarter
Chosen by Leading Airlines Around the Globe
2Ku has been installed on more than 600 passenger planes flying over 80 countries worldwide. Currently, the 2Ku backlog is 1,400 aircraft. Our partners include: AeroMexico, Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Air France, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta, GOL, Iberia, JTA, KLM, LATAM, and Virgin Atlantic.
Learn about the innovative access technology that leverages the Ku satellite network for global flights.
In aero antenna design, there’s more than meets the eye.
Go inside the facility where 2Ku solutions get their start.
Three main factors play into how long it takes to get an aircraft flying with 2Ku.
2Ku At a Glance
- Next-generation modem delivers peak antenna speeds of 100+ Mbps to the aircraft
- Forward-compatible with future Ku satellites, including HTS and LEO satellites
- Unique antenna design offers superior performance – even in equatorial regions
- Low-profile radome reduces drag and fuel burn compared to other satcom solutions
- Twice the spectral efficiency of conventional aero antennas means more bandwidth for less cost
- Gate-to-gate availability means passengers will never miss a minute
- Industry-leading speeds support video streaming
- Emerging linefit options
Unique Dual Phased-array Antenna
2Ku’s antenna aperture size is unparalleled in the IFC market. With 4x the surface area of conventional aero antennas, 2Ku delivers superior performance and double the spectral efficiency, delivering more bandwidth for less cost. When next-generation satellites come online, 2Ku’s dual antenna – coupled with our next-generation modem – has the capacity to deliver peak speeds of 200+ Mbps to the aircraft.
With its low profile radome, 2Ku offers 50% less equivalent weight penalty than conventional aero antennas, reducing drag and fuel burn, and generating significant savings for your airline.
2Ku Install Time-lapse Video
Our Global Coverage
With an open architecture that leverages current and future Ku satellites, including HTS and LEO satellites, 2Ku offers redundant and reliable coverage around the globe.