Intelsat in the Community
Intelsat’s corporate giving centers around three priorities:
- Use the power of our satellite capacity for rapid response to humanitarian crises and also to support broadband- and media-driven educational and health programs in the regions we serve.
- Support our employees in giving back to the local communities where we live and work, and to causes that matter to them and their families.
- Cultivate the next generation of satellite innovators through Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) initiatives as well as industry associations and organizations.
Intelsat’s employees form the heart of our company in dozens of offices around the globe. Inspiring connections in our communities and camaraderie in our workplace, the Team Intelsat program empowers local groups of employees to participate in fundraising activities such as marathons, walkathons, multi-day walks, bike rides and even a game-a-thon to raise funds and awareness for causes that matter to them.
Some of the beneficiaries of Team Intelsat efforts have included:
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (U.S.)
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals/Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (U.S.)
- Cancer Research UK
- Lebenshilfe Schweifurt (Germany)
- Thusong Orphanage (South Africa)
- National Breast Cancer Foundation (Australia)
Team Intelsat Gives Back is Intelsat’s global corporate social responsibility program through which employees in offices around the world join with their local colleagues in hands-on volunteer projects. Every Intelsat team member is encouraged to volunteer in one or more of these projects for up to eight hours a year. From collection drives for orphanages and food banks to cleaning up local parks and schools, Team Intelsat Gives Back projects are organized at a corporate level, but carried out at the local level.
In addition to supporting team members in giving back to local and international charities, Intelsat sponsors employee donation drives – matching employee contributions dollar for dollar – to help communities affected by natural disasters and health crises. Most recently, the company held a matching campaign in the wake of the devastating earthquake that struck Nepal in the spring of 2015. Through the generosity of Intelsat team members, $20,000 was donated to Nepal relief.