Intelsat in the Community
Corporate Social Responsibility
Intelsat’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) objective is to develop innovative space-based technology that solves complex communications issues, invest in our people and in educating and training technicians that can help accelerate the reach of broadband connectivity to even the most remote communities, maintain an environmentally friendly office environment, and empower people in the communities and regions in which we operate.
Our CSR approach focuses around the following priorities:
- People. Intelsat’s employees are dedicated and passionate about developing advanced space-based technology providing connectivity that makes a meaningful difference to communities and businesses around the world.
- Community. We use our technological expertise and partnerships to make an economic as well as social impact in the world.
- Environment. Intelsat aims to provide leadership in the identification and promotion of sustainable practices and services that reduce the company’s environmental impact, educate and engage staff and create a more environmentally sustainable organization.
- Marketplace. We strive to constantly innovate and leverage our satellite technology, supply chain and ecosystem partnerships to effect positive change.
Intelsat’s employees form the heart of our company in dozens of offices around the globe. Inspiring connections in our communities and camaraderie in our workplace, the Team Intelsat program empowers local groups of employees to participate in fundraising activities such as marathons, walkathons, multi-day walks, bike rides and even a game-a-thon to raise funds and awareness for causes that matter to them.
Some of the beneficiaries of Team Intelsat efforts have included:
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (U.S.)
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals/Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (U.S.)
- Cancer Research UK
- Lebenshilfe Schweifurt (Germany)
- Thusong Orphanage (South Africa)
- National Breast Cancer Foundation (Australia)
Team Intelsat Gives Back is Intelsat’s global corporate social responsibility program through which employees in offices around the world join with their local colleagues in hands-on volunteer projects. Every Intelsat team member is encouraged to volunteer in one or more of these projects for up to eight hours a year. From collection drives for orphanages and food banks to cleaning up local parks and schools, Team Intelsat Gives Back projects are organized at a corporate level, but carried out at the local level.
In addition to supporting team members in giving back to local and international charities, Intelsat sponsors employee donation drives – matching employee contributions dollar for dollar – to help communities affected by natural disasters and health crises. For example, the company held a matching campaign in the wake of the devastating earthquake that struck Nepal in the spring of 2015. Through the generosity of Intelsat team members, $20,000 was donated to Nepal relief.