Collection of Personal Information
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information about you, such as your name and email address (“Personal Information”), if you register for MyIntelsat, fill out a form on our website or blog, sign up to receive news releases, event invitations, or investor relations updates, submit a comment on our blog, or email us.
Many of our Services can be used without registering with us. However, Intelsat customers that would like to manage the services they receive from Intelsat using the MyIntelsat customer portal will need to register for MyIntelsat. If you choose to register for MyIntelsat, we require you to provide the following information: your name, phone number, address, email address, and employer information. You may be asked to provide additional information to confirm your identity for password establishment, re-setting, and for other purposes.
If you email us, we may retain a record of such email communication, including your email address, the content of your email, and our response.
- Information We Collect Automatically
In addition to information Intelsat collects directly from users, we also may receive certain information from third parties, and we may combine this information with information we have collected.
- Links to Other Websites, Applications, and Services
Our Service contains links to other websites, applications, or services that Intelsat does not own, manage, or control. Intelsat does not control the privacy practices of such third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties when you use their services.
Use of Personal Information
By providing Personal Information on our Service, you consent to Intelsat’s use of your Personal Information. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Intelsat, you may unsubscribe in the marketing email or communication sent to you by following the instructions in that communication. By signing up to receive news releases, event invitations, or investor relations updates, you will be added to an Intelsat mailing list that we provide for your convenience.
We may use the information we collect in order to:
- Inform you about our products and services;
- Communicate with you and respond to your requests or inquiries, including as part of the “Contact Us” feature on our website;
- Provide you with services if you are or become a customer of Intelsat;
- Enable you to create an account, store log-in credentials, and customize certain services, such as the MyIntelsat customer portal;
- Provide customer support or troubleshooting in connection with your use of Intelsat services,
- Conduct market research and tracking of sales data, including contacting you directly or via a third party to participate in customer satisfaction surveys or questionnaires via telephone, email or otherwise, and soliciting your opinions or feedback on Intelsat’s business activities;
- Support Intelsat’s educational, networking, marketing, social, recruiting, and other business purposes;
- Improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- Create and improve our products or services, including improving the features and content of the Service;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Intelsat, including for billing and collection; and
- Fulfil any other purpose for which you provide your consent.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Information
We may disclose any information we collect if you specifically authorize the disclosure or in the following circumstances:
With Trusted Service Providers and Business Providers. We may disclose your information to trusted third party service providers that we use to support our business. These service providers may have access to your information for the limited purpose of providing the service we have contracted with them to provide. These service providers do not have any independent right to share this information.
Law Enforcement. We may disclosure your information (including your personally identifiable information) if required to do so by law or subpoena. We may also disclose your information to governmental authorities or law enforcement if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to do so in order to comply with a law or regulation; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security, or technical issues; or to protect Intelsat’s rights or property.
In an Aggregate and Non-Personally Identifiable Manner. We may disclose aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about the overall use of our Service publicly or with interested third parties to help us improve the Service.
In Connection with a Sale or Change of Control. If Intelsat becomes involved in a transaction involving the sale of all or substantially all of its assets, Intelsat may disclose and/or transfer your information as part of the transaction.
Storage of Personal Information
Protection of Personal Information
Intelsat maintains reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure or, any of your Personal Information. However, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. We do not, and cannot, guarantee the complete security of your Personal Information.]
Our Service is not directed to persons under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will promptly take steps to remove that information from our systems. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Correcting or Updating Your Personal Information
If you believe that any personal information Intelsat is holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, or if you want to change your communication preferences regarding direct communications, please contact Intelsat as soon as possible using the information below. Intelsat will revise any information that is incorrect, or update or change your information preferences in reasonable time.
Updated: 26 January 2017