Challenges to Reaching Ultra-Remote Areas
Mobile coverage is often the only means for people to communicate instantly beyond the boundaries of their local communities, and most often the only means for them to connect to the internet. However, there are still large percentages of the world where mobile coverage is not available, leaving millions of people without any means of connecting to the world outside. This is especially the case in ultra-remote areas where providing coverage is not feasible due to high costs, low ROI, low population density and other challenges associated with building out telecommunications infrastructure and terrestrial backhaul.
But what if you could:
- Quickly and economically provide mobile connectivity in ultra-remote geographic areas that have been traditionally considered impractical, even unfeasible?
- Expand mobile coverage to hard-to-reach, sparsely populated regions with an end-to-end connectivity solution that includes a single fixed monthly cost?
- And do all of this while eliminating the need for upfront equipment investment, staff training, and additional headcount?
Small-cell as a Service for Remote Coverage
Intelsat’s Small-cell as a Service is a low cost, complete turnkey solution for quickly and economically deploying 2G, 3G, 4G mobile networks in ultra-remote, sparsely populated regions of the world, including off-grid areas. With the efficiency enabled by Intelsat Epic high-throughput satellites, you’ll leverage equipment that’s smaller and less power-hungry. High-efficiency VSAT equipment facilitates deployments using solar power to eliminate the cost and security issues of diesel-supported equipment. Overall, hardware has a lighter footprint and operational expenses are reduced.
The Small-cell as a Service solution includes:
- Managed cellular backhaul service with 24/7 NOC support
- Installation and management of satellite and power components
- Small-cell RAN equipment
- Solar panels and batteries
- Satellite hub and remote VSAT equipment
With Intelsat’s Small-cell as a Service, mobile operators can leverage the reach and speed of Intelsat’s fleet of satellites and the years of experience brought by our team and our service provider partners. You’ll expand your network with a solution that is suited to the needs of remote and sparsely-populated regions with a single fixed monthly cost, while you maintain focus on the business you know and reduce the effort needed to pursue new opportunities.