Providing High Speed Mobile Service in Hard-to-Reach Areas
This Mobile Network Operator (MNO) already offers LTE service to approximately 95% of the German population. But over 800,000 Germans who live outside easy-to-connect areas don’t currently have access to high-speed mobile service. With the goal of connecting every subscriber with reliable, high-speed connectivity (in compliance with the targets set by the Bundesnetzagentur, the German regulator for telecommunications), the MNO needed a reliable alternative to network backhaul technologies like microwave and fiber. They needed a solution that would be cost-effective and easy to deploy, no matter how
challenging the terrain.
HOW WE HELPED
With Intelsat CellBackhaul, MNO Enables 4G Expansion and Delivers for Customers in Germany
Intelsat provided the MNO with CellBackhaul, a fully managed, end-toend solution powered by our secure, reliable, worldwide integrated network. The solution included the following components:
• Best-in-class operations and flexibility for variable demand
• Fully managed end-terminal installation, remote management, maintenance, performance monitoring, reporting, training, and more
• Self-service access to Intelsat’s Service Management Portal providing the MNO with visibility to efficiently manage and monitor their services
MNO Subscribers Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere
With Intelsat’s fully-managed CellBackhaul solution, the MNO was able to deliver positive social and economic impacts to consumers and businesses throughout Germany.
- Consumers rely on connectivity to access everything from healthcare and education, to work and entertainment. They need a mobile network provider that can keep them connected no matter where they live, work, or play.
- Providing reliable highspeed connectivity was always a priority for this mobile network operator (MNO), one of the largest in the world and a leading operator in Germany. But costefficiently delivering connectivity to citizens in every corner of the country can present a challenge.