Intelsat Honors Africa’s Leading Satellite Video, Voice and Data Companies
4 th Annual Award Recognizes Excellence in Expanding Applications with Satellite Technology
Cape Town, South Africa, 18 November 2008
Intelsat, Ltd., the world’s leading provider of fixed satellite services, today announced the recipients of its 2008 Intelsat Excellence Awards for the Africa Region. This year’s recipients, representing leading African communication companies, were honored last night at a ceremony in Cape Town, South Africa.
Intelsat’s 2008 honorees demonstrated unparalleled growth of service offerings and technological innovations they provided to their customers throughout the continent. The categories for recognition are:
- AFSAT Communications, Ltd., for Excellence in Corporate Networks
- Gateway Communications Africa (UK) Ltd., for Excellence in Innovative Cellular Backhaul Services
- MultiChoice Africa, Ltd., for Excellence in Direct-to-Home Services
- Telecom Namibia, for Excellence in Infrastructure Development
- GPTC, for Excellence in Portfolio Diversification
- Vodacom International Ltd., for Excellence in Satellite Cellular Backhaul Services
- The Nigeria ICT Forum of Partnership Institutions LTD/GTE, for Excellence in Internet Services
“We are honored to recognize our award recipients for their excellence in bringing Africa a diverse array of communication services,” said Flavien Bachabi, Intelsat’s Regional Vice President, Africa. “Intelsat has served Africa for more than 40 years, providing satellite communications infrastructure to broadcast, telephony and broadband providers. Our partnerships with our customers, such as those we recognized, have fostered economic growth throughout the continent by supplying critical applications for development in Africa. We will continue building such relationships to ensure satellite transmission services remain an integral part of African network offerings.”
Intelsat is exhibiting at AfricaCom 2008, the annual African event for mobile, fixed, wireless and satellite communications professionals, at booth #19/20. The event is being held at the Cape Town Convention Centre in Cape Town, South Africa on 18-19 November 2008.