Intelsat Debuts IntelsatOneSM
Luxembourg, 12 April 2010
Intelsat S.A., the world’s leading provider of fixed satellite services, today introduced its new terrestrial network, IntelsatOne. Powered by Cisco, IntelsatOne is a global, terrestrial architecture, consisting of an IP/MPLS-based network, fiber, teleports and points of presence. It is fully integrated with Intelsat’s industry-leading global satellite fleet, providing a single source for converged voice, video and data solutions.
“IntelsatOne replaces Intelsat’s GlobalConnexSM network and addresses the emerging requirements of media organizations, network services providers and government customers. Intelsat’s customers will benefit from an expanded choice of service offerings, enhanced security features, and increased visibility and control of services operating across the Intelsat network,” said Stephen Spengler, Intelsat’s Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing. “Intelsat’s commitment to a hybrid terrestrial-satellite infrastructure is unique as compared to other satellite operators. Our investment in IntelsatOne furthers our leadership in this respect, enhancing our capabilities on the ground and in the sky.”
For media customers, IntelsatOne supports the creation of a global next-generation media networking community, accommodating new and emerging content delivery requirements that include:
- Multiple applications over a single circuit – such as high quality HD, 3D, SD, streaming video, store & forward, confidence return links, data and voice;
- Optimized support of MPEG-4 HD transmissions on satellite MCPC platforms, incorporating DVB-S2 8PSK modulation that offers 40% higher throughput versus comparable DVB-S platforms;
- Accelerated provisioning time for new services; and
- Improved user controls, including user-scheduled feeds as well as enhanced self-monitoring and trouble-shooting capabilities, ensuring visibility of services from the production studio to the final destination
For network services and government customers, in addition to Intelsat’s existing managed services portfolio, IntelsatOne provides enhanced products, such as:
- IPv6 next-generation IP services, DVB-S2 trunking and MPLS VPN;
- Increased network efficiencies and VNO capabilities for broadband applications;
- Near-global access to any of Intelsat’s regional broadband networking platforms, resulting in a global WAN;
- Competitive solutions for carrying voice and IP services for top telcos, cellular operators, enterprises and governments; and
- Innovative products serving the maritime and mobility sectors seamlessly providing always-on, global connectivity.
Intelsat will be exhibiting at SatCom Africa 2010 and at NAB 2010 April 12-15 in Johannesburg, South Africa and Las Vegas, Nevada, respectively. Visit Intelsat at booth # 9 at SatCom and booth # SU1417 at NAB, or http://www.intelsat.com/.