The Secret Connection to the ‘Always-On’ Society
At Intelsat, these are some of the moments we enable: Remote villages connecting on Skype. Telemedicine saving lives across oceans. Multinational corporations seamlessly connected in an era when big data and constantly expanding user endpoints are the norm. Media programming distributed regionally and globally. We shop on the go, watch a show on our phones, and use ATMs in far flung locations. Here at Intelsat, what continues to inspire us is what lies behind this kind of connectivity.
It’s the communications infrastructure that’s all around us, everywhere.
You can’t see it, but it’s there. Satellite connectivity.
Satellite is the only form of connectivity that can reach everywhere and anywhere. Where terrain is too difficult and fiber cannot go, satellite can. In the middle of the ocean or on an airplane in the sky or in a small village in the Amazon where wireless networks cannot reach, satellite can and does.
Consider these facts:
- Satellite delivers TV programming to 590 million cable TV subscribers worldwide1
- Satellite delivers DTH programming to 1.2 billion global TV households2
- Satellite carries more than 28,700 channels globally for DTH and cable distribution
- Satellite delivers broadband and narrowband connectivity to more than 4 million sites and subscribers around the world2
- Satellite is on the way to providing broadband connectivity to in-transit airplane; that’s more than 100,000 commercial and business aircraft2
You can’t see it, but satellite is part of your world, every day.
Join us in a conversation about the value of satellite by sharing pictures of satellite services in action where you live and work using the hashtag #SatelliteEverywhere. Read more at intelsat.com/satelliteeverywhere.
1 Pyramid Research