Introducing the Intelsat Globalized Network!
After much anticipation and discussion of the aspiration for ubiquitous, worldwide connectivity, we are excited to introduce the Intelsat Globalized Network – the first and only network of its kind that lets anyone connect with anyone else, anywhere on the planet. With the Intelsat Globalized Network, our customers now have the reach, performance and flexibility needed to open profitable new markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most secure and reliable communications anywhere in the world.
What is a Globalized Network?
For global enterprises, service providers and governments, there was a time when having a global presence was enough. But that time has passed. We have moved into the era of globalization, where there are incredibly high expectations of seamless and fast connectivity and communications that can allow commerce and ideas to flow freely – and eliminate boundaries between countries, organizations and people.
Terrestrial networks alone cannot deliver on these expectations – it’s physically impossible. Satellite vendors may have a similar satellite-based foundation, but they lack the fully integrated ecosystem of assets, capabilities and services that Intelsat offers. And while there are several global networks that extend across different regions to support some of the requirements, there is only one Globalized Network that supports them all – ours.
We have combined our satellite backbone (the world’s largest in terms of capacity and global reach) with our terrestrial infrastructure and managed services to deliver high-quality, cost-effective video and broadband services, anywhere in the world. We empower organizations to fully capitalize on the globalization trend with ubiquitous coverage, the flexibility to support current and future communications requirements, and the ability to customize network services right down to the individual user.
The above graphic highlights the key components of our Globalized Network, including our:
• Fleet of more than 50 satellites plus teleports that provides the world’s most extensive and secure communications network.
• Intelsat EpicNG next-generation satellite technology that delivers the high-performance connectivity required by today’s demanding applications.
• IntelsatOne® terrestrial network that operates seamlessly with our satellite technology to support hybrid satellite and fiber connectivity, with access to multiple platforms and teleports.
• Managed services that simplify satellite-based communications, and deliver the flexibility and support to meet changing customer requirements.
• Strategic partnerships with technology leaders to support each of our market segments. And through our joint venture with OneWeb, we will offer the first and only fully global, pole-to-pole, high-throughput satellite broadband network.
Only Intelsat is uniquely qualified to meet today’s communications demands – anywhere on the planet. The result is an entirely new world, one that allows our customers to envision the impossible, connect without boundaries and transform the ways in which we live!
Be sure to follow our blog in the coming weeks as we illustrate the powerful benefits delivered by our Globalized Network in each of our core market segments – starting next week with Government. If you are attending Satellite 2016 or CABSAT this week, please stop by our booth to learn more.