Intelsat and OneWeb Announce Conditional Combination Agreement
A few weeks ago, we announced an exciting milestone in our history – Intelsat and OneWeb have entered into a definite combination agreement that will also include a $1.7 billion investment by SoftBank, which will become a key player behind the new combined entity.
The complementary strengths of Intelsat and OneWeb, combined with the investment by SoftBank, are intended to create a financially stronger company with the flexibility to aggressively pursue new growth opportunities resulting from the explosion in demand for broadband connectivity for people and devices everywhere.
For more details, read the announcement, as well as a recent Via Satellite Q&A with Intelsat’s CEO Stephen Spengler.
- Mobile World Congress: Ushering in the 5G Era with Satellites
- IntelsatOne® Prism Meets the Challenges of Live Remote Events and Programming
- Intelsat and OneWeb Announce Conditional Combination Agreement
Industry in Focus
- Maritime Operators Need Increased Satellite Connectivity and Greater Efficiency
- Cost of Cybersecurity Has to Be in the Budget
In the News
- Intelsat, Sentech Expand Media Distribution Relationship on Intelsat 20 Satellite to Deliver More Content Across Africa
- Intelsat and Kymeta Complete Major Milestones;Intelsat Acquires Equity Stake in Kymeta
- Intelsat Announces Successful Launch of Intelsat 32e, Increasing Throughput for Broadband to Planes and Ships Navigating the High-Demand Caribbean and North Atlantic Routes